5 things to know about the Jacksonville Home & Outdoor Living Expo – News – Havelock News – Havelock, NC
Home project season is underway and a weekend expo can help you get those projects started.
The Jacksonville Home & Outdoor Living Expo is a two-day event at Jacksonville Commons, sponsored by ENC Live.
“Our goal is to bring local businesses and the community together. These small local businesses offer a variety of knowledge and experience. If you are thinking about upgrading your kitchen or bath or maybe incorporate a hot tub into your backyard, the show offers you the chance to speak directly with the local owner to answer your questions and build confidence in your decision,” show manager Julie Alley told The Daily News.
Here’s what Alley says you should know about the event:
1. The show is Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Jacksonville Commons, 100 Recreation Circle. Admission is free.
2. There will be nearly 55 exhibitors. “We have a wide variety of exhibitors including lots of home remodeling and decorating inside and out, gardening and nurseries, plus anyone who likes to play outdoors, we have tons of RVs, waverunners, trucks, motorcycles and more,” she said.
3. There are prizes. “When guests arrive they can stop by the main entrance to receive a key. They can take this key to the Riverside Camping Center booth and try their key in the Treasure Chest for a chance to win $100 – $1,000. Plus, we also have a Scavenger Hunt where guests can enter to win one of 3 – $500 Gift Cards. Our guests at the New Bern Show this past weekend had a blast playing,” according to Alley. Vendors are also offering prizes ranging from a kitchen remodel to an ATV giveaway.
4. Bring your wallet just in case. “From tomato plants and trees to candles and wine – there are so many cash and carry items this year,” she said.
5. Whether you’re working on storm repairs or just pondering a remodel, the show is for you. “The show will allow you to research contractors and ask them questions directly. Some of the home improvement categories joining us this year include roofing contractors, foundation repair, windows, HVAC, gutters, flooring, air quality, and much more,” she said.
This content was originally published here.